Debilitating hip pain is the third most common pain experienced by elder adults across the world. Being the centre of mass for the body, hip is the joint where our body’s power drivers: glutes, quads and hamstrings come together to help us perform our movement patterns be it for sports or for our daily chores. So when this largest ball and socket joint of the body is underperforming due to pain and aching, your daily life becomes a burden since the hip joint is the engine your body is driven by.
Muscle strains, arthritis, injuries, and inflammatory disorders are some of the possible causes of this hip pain which may sometimes demand hip replacement surgery depending on the situation. If you are young and are free from these medical conditions then restricted hip mobility can be one of the reasons for hip pain. It is important to improve your hip mobility in order to restore your hip function and consequently decrease the hip pain. Being the best hip replacement specialist in Surat, Dr. Chirag Patel has solved thousands of cases of hip pain without need of surgery.
Here are three mobility exercises that can restore your hip function and relieve your hip pain:
1. Knees to Chest:
Sitting knees to the chest is the exercise performed in a seating position for 5 reps on each leg one after another.
- Sit on the chair with a straight back and relaxed legs.
- Raise the knee slowly bringing it to your hand while keeping another knee in the resting position.
- Pull the raised knee slowly towards your chest and hold for 2 seconds.
- Slowly lower your knee and repeat the same with another leg.
2. The Butterflies:
Butterfly is the mobility exercise that focuses on external hip rotation and groin flexibility. It is performed for 5-10 reps.
- Sit on the floor, place your feet soles together to allow your legs to drop down to your sides.
- Place your hand on the top of each knee and slowly push them down to the floor.
- Gently push them to the floor as much as possible without losing your comfort.
- Now hold the leg stretch of the push for at least 10 seconds and repeat.
3. Quarter Squat with Chair:
It is possible that you may not be comfortable doing a quarter squat without support. So we have made sure to add a chair for extra support.
- Stand upright with your shoulders hips and ankle in a straight line and your hands placed on the back of a chair for support.
- With weights even on your feet, slowly go into the squat position: just for a quarter range of motion.
- Hold the bottom position for 2 seconds, back up and repeat 5 times.
- Make sure your body is in a straight line with alignment, and movements are smooth for your squat.
The above three are three simple and basic exercises that wake up your hip and improves your hip mobility and when performed regularly can relief your hip pain. However if you have already tried the basic mobility exercise and have not able to experience pain relief any improvement in your hip function, your condition needs a thorough check-up from the experts and proper treatment plan. Dr. Chirag Patel is an expert hip replacement surgeon in Surat who has helped thousands of patients get rid of the hip pain with mobility exercises and can help you too.
You can contact him here: Dr Chirag Patel